11 April 2010

The 'Scary Kisses' Book Launch

Last Friday night was the launch of the Scary Kisses paranormal romance anthology. It was also my first book launch, reading and book signing—a lot of firsts for one night, but very exciting.

Did I bring a pen? No. In my defense I couldn't have fitted one in my little handbag.

Fortunately the editor Liz Grzyb had brought pens for all of the four authors attending (Annette Backshall, Ian Nichols and DC White were also there for the launch).

The WINKgirls, my sister and author JD Cregan also came along. As I sat on the other side of the table it was great to see friendly faces in the crowd. And there was a crowd, it was standing room only and I’m sure they didn’t just come for the free champagne and red kiss cupcakes (which I hear were very good).

So what did I learn?
Bring a pen.
Bring friends, a friendly face in the audience is like gold.
Practice reading.
Smile.

And because this launch was so much fun, I’m having an online launch party at Bitten By Books for Boyfriend in a Bottle on June 9 2010.
Hope to see you all there!

Scary Kisses is available at Indie Books Online.

5 comments:

Donna said...

It was a great night Shona - congratulations!

Nicki Flockton said...

Congratulations Shona, glad it went off really well. Wish I had been there to share it with you.

lesley ann smith said...

A great celebration. Writing can be such a lonely activity it's great to have people to share the success with.

kym said...

It was fun - thanks for inviting me along.
Now I just have to wait for my own book launch...

Eleni Konstantine said...

Shona, congratulations on the release & wonderful to have your friends & family in the audience. And you have a great smile. Keep smiling!